14 SPACE SAVING TIPS
for your small space
1. Purge your belongings yearly.
2. Capitalize on unused wall space by hanging wall organizers to organize paperwork, floating shelves to
display books and knickknacks, and hooks to hang clothing.
3. Consider furniture that also provides extra storage, like a bench with storage beneath the seat.
4. Install hooks on the insides of cabinet doors to organize and hang flat things, like cooking utensils, hair brushes, or jewelry.
5. Within cabinets, organize shelving to minimize dead space between shelves.
6. Purchase toiletries and longterm groceries (like spices, cooking oils) in petite sizes.
7. Use the backs of your doors to organize shoes or jewelry.
8. Consider furniture that serves multiple purposes, like a sofa bed.
9. Think vertically with your space, there is usually more storage space above.
10. Within your entry or kitchen, create a hidden ‘dumping spot’ for mail, everyday paperwork, keys, and loose change.
11. Create zones within your home that serve multiple functions, like a dining area that functions as a dining and a work zone.
12. Implement simple, easy-to-use systems to return items back to where they go.
13. Reduce the amount of space your things take up, by making things as small as possible, before putting them away.
14. Chose petite furnishings that are scaled proportionally to your small space.